Subscribe and Save 10% on all Boxes of 18!
November 16, 2023
Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
I am so grateful to have such enthusiastic and loyal customers!
I know I've said this before (and I'm sure that most of you are well aware): there are many ways to make sure that your Thanksgiving dinner is rich in Omega-3s and has a healthy balance of Omega-3s and Omega-6s.
1. Use Omega-3 rich butter such as Kerry Butter from Ireland or Anchor butter from New Zealand. There are also local butters made from grass-fed cows but I am never sure whether the cows are grass fed year round.
2. Add flaxseed meal to your stuffings -- and even to the flour that you use to make your gravy. I'll be adding a half a cup of flaxseed meal to the stuffing that I'll be roasting inside my 15-pound bird, and I'll be replacing one fifth of the flour I use to make the gravy with flaxseed meal.
3. Use canola oil to coat the bird before roasting. I usually sprinkle my turkey with salt and pepper and coat it with oil before roasting. And I use canola oil for that purpose, of course, since it has a very favorable balance of Omega-3s and Omega-6s!
4. Use Omega-3 eggs for all your baking.
5. Choose a free-range turkey if you can find one within your budget.
Follow all of these steps and you're sure to be serving a healthy -- as well as a delicious -- meal to your family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving from Susie's Smart Cookie.
November 21, 2023
These are great healthy happy tips 🥰!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 25, 2023
November 02, 2023
October 20, 2023